Nominations for the 15th National Dance Awards have been announced by Critics’ Circle, a group of more than 50 dance writers and critics.
“These shortlisted nominees come from a long-list of almost 400 dancers, choreographers and companies, and so the final shortlist already represents the elite of the last year.”
The company is honoured to have been nominated in the following categories:
DANCING TIMES AWARD FOR BEST MALE DANCER
Jonathan Goddard, Mark Bruce Company, New Movement Collective and HeadSpaceDance
BEST INDEPENDENT COMPANY
Mark Bruce Company
BEST MODERN CHOREOGRAPHY
Mark Bruce, Dracula for Mark Bruce Company
OUTSTANDING MALE PERFORMANCE (MODERN)
Jonathan Goddard in the title role of Dracula for Mark Bruce Company
Check out some of the other fantastic nominees here.
So as we hit the halfway mark on the tour here are some tour facts that you might like to know:
1. To date we have sold tickets for the show to over 6,000 people and it’s still rising!
2. Nine out of ten people seeing Dracula, said it would encourage them to see more dance.
3. Over the course of the tour we will travel 1,838 miles around the UK.
4. We have used over 40 train tickets so far.
5. We have stayed in 235 hotel rooms – not all at once!
6. The show costumes will have been washed of all their gory glory nearly 20 times!
7. Fangs lost during the show – 4…but no one noticed
We’re delighted to be touring Dracula again and hope to see you at a venue this autumn. Click here to find out where we will be performing.
We are delighted to announce that we have won a South Bank Sky Arts Award for Dracula. Click here to see all of this year’s winners.