Arts Award & Artsmark
Mark Bruce Company offers bespoke workshops for schools and colleges giving young people the opportunity to work with professional dancers from the company. Our head of education also runs weekly classes in Frome, Somerset. We offer dance theatre workshops while we are on tour and opportunities to explore Mark's work through post-show discussions. Please contact us for further information or to have a chat about how we can support your arts award.
We can assist teachers by building on workshops we have delivered and by providing support materials for future lessons. Our annual summer school offers an intensive week of training for selected vocational dance students and recent graduates (16+) who are interested in the company and its work. The company can offer contemporary class for professional companies by arrangement.
Mark Bruce Company are proud to support Artsmark, Arts Council England's creative quality standard for schools. We are an Artsmark Partner organisation.
We believe that every child should have a chance to discover their practical abilities, develop their creative talents, and become an arts maker of the future.
If you are working towards an Artsmark, there are a number of ways Mark Bruce Company can support you. Here are some examples:
Opportunities available all year round
• Find out more about how the Company makes its productions by accessing the show specific education packs available on our website.
• Subscribe to our YouTube channel and watch interviews with Mark Bruce and company members as well as clips from our productions.
• Visit our studio to see where we make our shows and have a tour of our set, prop and costume stores.
• Take advantage of discounted studio hire rates available to Artsmark schools - an opportunity for your students to develop their own dance creations in a professional environment.
Opportunities when we are in rehearsal and production
• Take part in a workshop led by a Company member.
• Have access to discounted or free tickets to productions, where available, and attend post-show talks, backstage or onstage tours.
• Spend a day watching our rehearsals and see how we make work.
• Meet and talk to dancers, directors, designers, actors or stage managers who have worked for Mark Bruce Company.